Thursday, February 12, 2015

Michigan Treasury Online - fail

This website is not yet ready for the amount of traffic it needs to handle. Myself and a few of my clients have spent hours trying to get registered and to simply pay our state payroll and sales taxes on time. I don't recall having such a hard time giving the state money before. Today, I finally got a live person on the phone at 4:50 PM. He kept insisting that we use the web site http://www.michigan.gov/business which by the way clearly states that they are having difficulty and to try accessing the site again later.

After several attempts of him telling me how to access the web site, and me telling him it was broken, it wasn't until after I threatened to send the payment in on an old coupon using white-out to correct the date did he finally give me a link to a new coupon.

For those of you who have gotten the site to work and have successfully paid your taxes on the new MTO site, please let me know. For the rest of us bogged down in a broken web site... here's the new form. MI 5080, 2015 Sales, Use and Withholding Taxes Monthly/Quarterly Return. If you do as I was threatening, and use an old coupon, I was told they would refuse payment at the old address.

2 comments:

  1. The main method to manage your business maintain your tax returns . we are providing the Bookkeeping services London we have best strategy for you, your work is our first priority, contact us by visiting this site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We offer bookkeeping services in Western Australia by giving direction, educating & providing systems to small businesses that help them maintain control to enable growth in an honest & respectful manner.

    ReplyDelete