Friday, August 16, 2019

The Cost of Online Accountng

A while back I posted the truth about online accounting: 

http://bottomlinebookkeepingservice.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-truth-about-online-accounting.html

This week I received notice from Intuit that their QuickBooks Online Simple start has new pricing.

"On the billing date, on or after October 1, 2019, your clients' QuickBooks Online Simple Start subscription will increase to $25 per month for the monthly subscription or $270 per year for the annual subscription, plus tax where applicable. If they have a discount, it will be applied to this new pricing until the discount expires. 

Please note that your clients will be notified of these pricing changes starting on August 28, 2019.

Your clients can check their billing details using these steps to verify the changes that have gone into effect:"

So now, their most inferior product is costing more than their Desktop Pro Version.  Buyer beware!  In my practice I will always give my clients the most cost effective solution first, even when it means I teach them to do their own bookkeeping while I take on an advisory/review position.  The Desktop Pro version is the "cadillac" of small business accounting.  I've helped many startups achieve success with this product.  It has all the management reports you need in daily operations.  If you require a report that cannot be generated within QuickBooks desktop, I can export data into excel and further refine what you are looking for.

1 comment: